Tonight I saw a picture of myself smiling.
It was like coming across an old photo
of a friend that hung himself
or went off to war.
It shocked me at first.
I haven't thought of him in years.
That smile was really something
and the gap in the front teeth
was child like.
Even back then the eyes were turbulent
but veiled in pale blue laughter.
Tiny cities in a snow globe blizzard.
Shook by small hands.
And just imagine how much more they have seen since then.
Sojourner Truth said
man had nothing to do with Christ.
He came from God and a woman.
Both of which I ran off
they say they still love me but
need time to heal
from the wounds I gnashed into their flesh.
I spend many evenings watching television
shows about prison
and now it doesn't seem so Hollywood.
My cat sleeps on my chest
my heart pumping soothes her.
If only I could feel it.
I am a midget dancing
with a girl of normal height.
Someone watching over me
and matching my steps.
I was looking out the tall courthouse window
before I saw the judge this morning.
The tops of mountains were ripping through clouds
like super heroes in chains
the leaves draining to gold and shaking like organ pipes in church
reminded me everything dies
and we get used to it.
It may be a picture frame
the life you want
is always on the
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (125)
- ► 2009 (87)
- Chris McCandless. by Jay-James May
- Found Poems by Karl Koweski
- FOR THOSE SLOWLY DYING by C. Allen Rearick
- The Hero Inside by Maria Gornell
- Two Poems by Kevin M. Hibshman
- Passing Through My Culture by Kevin Barcellos
- Left by Rose Morales
- ’Mishima’s Suicide’ by Matthew Coleman
- The Cure (and The Smiths (but only twice, briefly)...
- Eiderdown by Adelle Stripe
- Face To Face by Vic Swan
- The Stomach Is Gone by Frank Reardon
- Guinness by Christopher Nosnibor
- Everything I Ever Needed To Know by Richard Kovitch
- Someone Is Pitching My Heart Against A Brick Wall ...
- It Is No Longer Rebellious To Be Drunk by Mike Meraz
- Stream by H. R. McGonigal
- MAGIC (a tiny fairy tale) by Suzy Devere
- The Children’s Tower by Mikael Covey
- Bangkok by Steven Wheeler
- Kentish Town Segue. by Jay-James May
- Words Of Love by Michael Keenaghan
- Thought I by Matthew Coleman
- Other Side Of Glass by Juice
- Elodie, A Simple Girl With Good Legs by Amanda Joy
- Don't Eat. Stay Free. by Suzy Devere
- D-I-V-O-R-C-E by Ben Myers
- The Plants Dead And Yellow by Joseph Ridgwell
- Grief by Karl Koweski
- Heartbreak Hotels by Richard Kovitch
- The Unspecial Ballard Of Me And Her by Ford Dagenham
- To Be Continued by Khara Carlson
- Turning Yourself On by Suzy Devere
- Cosmic Orphan by Rob Plath
- The Party Of Fools by Mike Meraz
- ▼ November (35)