The quacking bum has found a partner
in the obese woman who’s taken off her
Mercedes Benz T-shirt. They’re kissing
smack in the center of the fountain.
The sun reflects the pool:
for a moment- they are beautiful.
The lunch-break secretaries in sneakers
are frightened by the lovers’ exalted state,
and return to high-rise cubicles.
But the couple in the fountain
are so blessed that even prick cop
Sanchez doesn't write them tickets.
Instead he's lighting a cigarette
for a blonde face-lift in 90 degree
heat and leather pants.
A naked girl with filthy feet
is laughing. Another little girl
kisses her on her left nipple
and strokes Sappho's hair.
A tattooed drunk yells to the crowd:
"My wife is royalty!"
He is embracing a grey haired
woman who is, despite the odds,
statuesque and regal. They
know they are Royalty.
Holding hands, they laugh
and stagger to an ivy bower.
After a luxurious fuck,
they fall asleep, oblivious
to us anti-royalists.
- ► 2012 (76)
- ► 2011 (74)
- October by William Taylor Jr.
- A Night With Lyn Lifshin by Catfish McDaris
- 4 Corners by Brandon S. Roy
- Two Poems by Donal Mahoney
- Losing It by GD Anderson
- Never Trust a Monk in Colored Robes by Kyle Hemmin...
- i read the big shot poets & i just don't fucking g...
- Liar by Hunter Liguore
- Sunday's Grid Iron Gunslinger by David S. Pointer
- True Love by Catfish McDaris
- The Party Animal by Paul Hellweg
- Amerika über alles by Ross Vassilev
- 2 Poems by J. Bradley
- I Love Lucy by Catfish McDaris
- a 16th street memory by Mat Gould
- The Heaven Of The Alone by Mike Meraz
- Royalty by Joseph Hargraves
- 3 Poems by Adam Moorad
- half empty bottle of sin by R.G. Johnson
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2009 (87)