Three Poems by Mike Meraz

She comes into
The room
And sees all the
Empty wine
Bottles
Spread all over the
Floor
On the fridge
In the
Trash can
She asks,
What’s the matter?
Is everything
Okay?

You reply,
Things have
Never been
Better.

She looks at you
Happy and
Sad
At the
Same
Time.

______________________________


In New Orleans
I gained
15 lbs.
Grew a beard
Let myself
Go

I was like a
Dead Jim Morrison
Walking the
Streets
Singing
Songs
Thinking
Poems

Later to be
Put on
Paper

Later to be
Put on the
Internet

To be read
By
You.

__________________________


I look
Sideways
At those
Who hold
Writing
As a
"Hobby"

When
I am
Trapped

Under its
Claws

And seeking
Rehab.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Black-Listed Magazine is an online literary magazine. We publish on a rolling basis: weekly, daily, sometimes hourly. Send submissions here: blacklistedmagazine@hotmail.com

Blog Archive