Two Poems by Mike Meraz

Enough Cigarettes To Last A Week

the uselessness of the pen.
enough cigarettes to last a week.
the ability to go to the cafe
anytime I please.
I am a man of simple means.
I do not expect much.
I do not ask for much.
I find a universe of wonder
in the simple things,
like this blank piece of paper,
filling up,
giving meaning
to my life
and yours.



Workin’ For The Oldies

the oldies sit in the
highbrow restaurant
talking about
marvelous things.

I walk by in
old shorts,
Wal-Mart shoes
and uncut hair.

I am a writer
hoping one day
to be the subject
of their conversation.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Black-Listed Magazine is an online literary magazine. We publish on a rolling basis: weekly, daily, sometimes hourly. Send submissions here: blacklistedmagazine@hotmail.com

Blog Archive