Two Poems by Zach Wilson

Can I Buy Salvation With A Visa?

Fuck.

God says,
cash only.

And Donne says reason is our soul's left hand,
faith her right.

That makes me a paraplegic,
soul bled out from the screams
of my mother's womb.
Circumcision truly is a bitch.

And if final hope is
indeed flat despair;
I've been sleeping
in the palm of Armageddon
for far too long.

Don't wake me,
no.
I'll find my way back
to the crumbs of this
clumsy living
with a hand. - Yes,
thats all
anyone needs.
I flat-lined at hello
and waned
at goodbye.



Shortcut

Break a line,
maybe of poetry,
or geometric
axioms.
Break a line of power,
emanating electricity
or one of corruption.
Break a line of formation,
one of warfare,
or intellectual paradigms.
Break a line of genealogy,
or the expectation that follows.

For the art
of Breaking
is a freedom,

and Point A to Point B
is shortest distance
to nowhere.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Black-Listed Magazine is an online literary magazine. We publish on a rolling basis: weekly, daily, sometimes hourly. Send submissions here: blacklistedmagazine@hotmail.com

Blog Archive