Two Poems by Rob Plath

bruised from head to toe but unbound & alone

after
basking
in
solitude
for
days

to
sit
in
a
chair
in
a
room
full
of
people

is
like
being
bound
to
the
rungs
&
then
pounded
upon
by
a
mob

each
inane
thing
out
of
their
mouth
another
fist
in
the
gut

their
laughter
like
some
bitch
scratching
her
ugly
long
nails
along
yr
face
over
&
over


baudelaire my flesh is on fire tonight

baudelaire my flesh
is on fire tonight

i've come down
w/ ringworm

my skin itches
from my forehead
to my shins

the nurse said
don't scratch

but these parasites
are squatting
on my body
eating my cells

red patches like
cigarette burns
like cigar holes

if i itch it spreads
like pockets of death
across my shape

baudelaire i have
a weak liver
& bad teeth

i'm full of panic
sex starved
& always on
the verge
of going
over the edge

& now these
invisible shits
are eating me alive

but baudelaire
look how my bile shines
in my fucking lines!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

Black-Listed Magazine is an online literary magazine. We publish on a rolling basis: weekly, daily, sometimes hourly. Send submissions here: blacklistedmagazine@hotmail.com

Blog Archive