Two Poems by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal

PLEASED TO MEET ME

Are you pleased to meet me?
I certainly don't feel the same.
You come here with questions
I already answered again and
again. You don't bring me a
cup of coffee or a roll. You
don't offer me a cigarette or
bring me the morning paper.

I don't want to talk to you.
You could go on your way.
If you come over next time,
bring me a pack of cigarettes,
some hot coffee with cream,
no sugar, and a jelly roll.



THE SILENCE OF STARS

I marveled at the silence of
stars in the moist night air.
I counted all the stars in
the sky until I was sick and
tired. I heard crickets chirp.
I smiled and applauded. All
the stars in the sky winked
at me when I rubbed my eyes.

1 comment:

Peter Greene said...

Excellent! Two gems; thanks for them. Most enjoyable, as so few (but so many!) things really are - it's all relative but I liked those -

Followers

About Me

Black-Listed Magazine is an online literary magazine. We publish on a rolling basis: weekly, daily, sometimes hourly. Send submissions here: blacklistedmagazine@hotmail.com

Blog Archive