As it slowly approaches 10:00pm,
our hands are still just as empty as
the eyes that serve behind that bar, that
refuses to play music, or anything else
for that matter.
Tearing beer mats, you scout out the
room, your eye's ablaze, awaiting the
first inappropriate twitch from the next
poor sap who passes by.
The wraps are passed around like over
due telegrams, your hands almost passing
through the green bottles, from the two-for-ones
that never seem that great a deal once the coins
Outside in a pile of grey, the hungry hands once
more plead for any superfluous, but charity was
never your strong point, your fist far too firm for
a mere conscience to prize open.
Now of course, when you think of that final hour,
with the rest of us miles in the distance, we now only
see your face as a fading flicker, that lost its spark an
- I’ll Be Writing the Rest of My Poems from Prison b...
- Four Poems by Antony Hitchin
- Three Poems by Mather Schneider
- Margaret by Wolfgang Carstens
- Fresh Off The Brazier, Medium Rare by Donal Mahone...
- The Very Last Friday by Jonathan Butcher
- shipping news by Sam Ledger
- Two Poems by Danny D Ford
- under the tuscan sundress by John Grochalski
- Gray Matter by Dena Rash Guzman
- The Not-So-Epic by Shawn Misener
- Three Poems by Cassandra Dallett
- Two Poems by Ali Znaidi
- The Science Of Free Prostitution by Robert Wilson
- Two Poems by David Parham
- ▼ November (15)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (125)
- ► 2009 (87)