we’re all drinking tequila/prob first time/prob only jose.
barmaid coming over tray with the salt and all that.
mostly empty in here.
blokes round the pool table start an argument/get lary and
plastic spoon/threatens his mate brandishing it
brandishing a plastic spoon!
WE CANNOT BELIEVE IT/WE’RE LAUGHING/PLASTIC SPOON!
we’re all back in someone’s house/folks away/cheap lager.
we’re chucking fag butts down behind the sofa cos theres no ashtray about
no one likes him anyway and some go in the fish tank.
someone’s fucking someone in his bed and he’s pissed off.
his front door gets broken round the hinges
pizzas come and he paying pissed off.
spending some time on the roof/freaking out whoever’s upstairs fucking.
fish tank is getting turned off cos no one can sleep on the carpet and the sofa with all the noise and the tropical light.
across enormous empty car parks/bricked up flats/skirting the mall and out by the station/down the hospital hill
and we’re resting up
climbing in an abandoned Citroen/roofs been cut off
watching the dawn come up on fire over the
Fivebells roundabout laughing about the guy
- BASILDON PLASTIC SPOON by Ford Dagenham
- I Swear to God by Murphy Clamrod
- S.O.S. by Catfish McDaris
- Filled with Birds by Ben John Smith
- 1,400 Degrees: Five Micros by Sheldon Lee Compton
- Past Life Regression Attempt #4 by Melanie Browne
- Two Poems by Joseph Ridgwell
- Nightlife by Stephen Jarrell Williams
- THE KNIFE by Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal
- Man at the Bus Stop on Halloween by Donal Mahoney
- On Hearing About a Possible Taliban Shooting of a ...
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (125)
- ► 2009 (87)