I sense Brandon working up the nerve
to ask me something
and I’m hoping it doesn’t involve
the loaning of money
it’s too early in the shift
to send him away with
an unpleasant physical reminder
of how much he all ready owes
after a good fifteen minutes
he springs the question on me
how much would you charge me
to write the story of my life?
my eyebrows arch up into my hairline
the story of your life?
like the factual story?
yeah, man, how much would you charge
to help me write my memoir?
Brandon, you’re twenty four years old
and I’ve known you the last
two years you’ve been a factory rat
and I know for a fact
you ain’t done shit other
than smoke cigarettes
and bitch about your ex-wife
oh yeah, and you got those tattoos
which I all ready wrote about
well, before you knew me
I was a junkie for like eight months
you and fifty thousand other jackasses
think putting a needle in your arm
warrants a biography
let me tell you
a lack of imagination
you need a therapist not a novelist
I’m just saying I’d hire you to write it
wouldn’t you like to make money
writing something other than smut?
that’s true, I conceded,
if I wrote about your existence
I wouldn’t have to overly concern myself
with writing about sex
so… how does three cents a word sound?
I sat down and wrote:
Brandon was born, but not very well
he seemed to stop growing
at the age of thirteen
he tried heroin but
was too pussy to keep at it
he’s never fucked a woman
who hasn’t turned around
and fucked someone else
in the same twenty four hour
he got to meet Karl Koweski
I handed Brandon the paper,
said that’ll be a buck, sixty five
I’ll just tack it on
to what you all ready owe me
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (125)
- life story by Karl Koweski
- american high school tour group at anne hathaway’s...
- cyber fuck by Coral Carter
- as the sharks of forever swim through my cigarette...
- night is a coal by David Mclean
- DEGREES by Joseph Hargraves
- Mono by Mike Meraz
- Goodbye by Ivan Brkaric
- hungover by Paul Harrison
- I AM GIVEN THE GAME BALL I AM THE STAR OF THE HORR...
- I Just Let Him by xTx
- Heartache at the Baroque Corral by Paul Hellweg
- in the hallway after taking a piss by Justin Hyde
- Former English Lit Teacher Now A Talking Bartender...
- boobie-trapped by Steve Calamars
- DIRECT DEBIT by Ford Dagenham
- ▼ November (16)